Monday, January 26, 2009

Werewolves and Jamaicans

Last Friday was my 19th birthday - and my roommates and friends surprised me by taking me to a local Jamaican restaurant for dinner, followed by going to see the new movie "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans." I had a great time and I was happy to get the chance to hang out with all my friends at once; we all seem to be having an really busy semester so far.

In honor of of turning 19, I'm going to share 19 fun facts about myself that you may or may not know. Enjoy my birthday lexicon!

xix

1) I know more useless information about Harry Potter/J.K. Rowling/Twilight/Stephenie Meyer than you will ever need to know.
2) I have always wanted to go on the gameshow Jeopardy.
3) I often write down notes in my phone containing lyrics to music I hear and like so I can find it later.
4) I have never smoked anything or done any illegal substance [excluding alcohol, but that's only illegal because of my current age, not because of the substance itself].
5)I think vanilla is the best scent in existence. Also, I will almost always choose it when given a choice between something vanilla flavored and anything else.
6) I skipped a grade in elementary school; hence the turning 19 as a college sophomore.
7) I'm the oldest of 4 kids.
8) I still want to go to space, despite the very slim odds made even more slim with my recent major change.
9) I'm a realistic optimist, though lately I've been becoming more pessimistic and it makes me sad.
10) Biggest Concert I've been to: Foo Fighters; Best concert I've been to: Say Anything; Worst concert: Panic At the Disco
11) I like wearing fun, patterned, knee-high socks.
12) I have never solved a Rubik's cube.
13) I'm addicted to Scrabble.
14) My favorite shade of color is dark blue, followed closely by dark green.
15) I can't draw.
16) I like new school supplies.
17) I like even numbers.
18) I hate stereotypes with an f-ing passion.
19) I don't know how I'd function without Google Calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment