Thursday, January 01, 2009

rants and nothings


So, another year has meandered its way into existence. 2008 was an interesting year... I'll do my "year in review" post sometime soon. All in all, I think I learned a lot about myself this year and hopefully can start using some of this knowledge in 2009 as I learn more.

Anyway, as it is the new year, one is compelled to lie to oneself about one's ability to commit to goals in the form of New Year's Resolutions. I have never been a proponent of said resolutions, only because it seems that they are expected to be broken, so why waste the effort? Because of that, I will name my goals "nothings" - this way if I fail, I failed at nothing and if I succeeded...well, we'll cross that bridge if I get to it. I only have 2 nothings this year

Nothing #1: Run 3 times a week
-This will be the harder of the nothings, as I don't really like running. Ironic, since ultimate frisbee [something I DO like] requires a lot of it. So, to get over my aversion to running - and help build up my endurance for competition season, I aim to run thrice a week.

Nothing #2: Project 365
-Photojojo is this really cool website with random photography facts, information, competition, and projects. One of their projects is Project 365, a picture-a-day project that, like it implies, has someone take a picture a day for one year. The pictures can be of anything/anyone/etc, you just have to take at least one a day. I was intrigued, looked at some of the previous participant's albums and now here I am, going to attempt to do this for the year 2009. And, of course, I will be posting the pics here in my blog [although I may figure out how to use flickr and put them on there too...]

2009 will be memorable, one way or another...

No comments:

Post a Comment