Tuesday, June 24, 2008

distractions

So, I have come to the conclusion that I need to distract myself. Why? Well, with the onset of Summer B and as a result more free time, I find myself with huge lengths of time with nothing to do. [Note: Summer B started yesterday, so you can see how quickly I am reacting to this occurrence.]

Me + nothing to do = BAD


When I have nothing to do, I tend to start over-analyzing things going on in my life, worrying about things that need not be worried about, annoying everyone around me and basically falling into a state of depression that I can't stand. Therefore, I have come up with a list of distractions to occupy my free time this summer. Possible distractions are:

> Tennis - when the weather is nice [aka not raining or oven-like], playing more tennis will [should] help me get better at it
> Guitar - there's one sitting in our living room, why not learn it?
> Spanish - Latin is awesome, but I can't speak it...
> Chronicles of Narnia - I can finally read them!
> Pool - One can only get better at pool by playing it alot, sooo I think I should play it more
> Rock Climbing - Intersperse this with tennis and kickboxing classes at the gym and I will have my exercise down pat ^.^

Ok, so I've already made myself promise myself not to try to do all of these, as that would turn these good distractions into bad distractions and I also wouldn't get really good at anything, which would defeat the point. But yeah, distracting myself back to normal - that's one for the books =D

No comments:

Post a Comment