Monday, November 26, 2007

Standing outside with my mouth open wide


Its always funny to me what songs you find stuck in your head at the most random times. This Thanksgiving weekend, I had that old childhood song about lemon drop and gumdrop rain on repeat in my head [i can't remember the name of it].

If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops,
Oh what a rain that would be.
Standing outside with my mouth open wide,
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.
If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops,
Oh what a rain that would be.


Yeah, i know. I'm pretty sure I learned that song from Barney too, a show I abhorred as a child, so its even more interesting I had it stuck in my head.

But when I did listen to this song when I was younger, I always got upset, because if raindrops were chewy orbs of candy goodness and we all went outside waiting with our mouths open, we would most likely choke and die. [sweet and twisted, even as a child :P]

Well, I guess that's one way how too much of a good thing can be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment