Thursday, April 23, 2009

a concerted affair

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of seeing Fall Out Boy in concert for the third time. Overall, it was a great concert I had a great time, but I still liked them best the first time I saw them, which also happened to be my first concert [you never forget your first, right? :P] Cobra Starship, All Time Low, and Hey Monday also performed.

Anyway, there were a few things that irked me about this concert. Not the acts [though I personally did NOT like 'All Time Low' at all], not the venue [UCF Arena is cool, though the recently added no-moshing rule is madness], not even the fact that the majority of the people attending were 12-17 year old girls screaming about Pete Wentz. What really bothered me are what I dub "pit-poopers" [think party-poopers, but applied to the floor pit at a concert]. They are at every concert: the few people who are up-front-and-center in a concert pit and not wanting anyone to touch them, claiming to be claustrophobic, hyperventilating if someone comes within a 3-foot range of them. Those people are pit-poopers.

At this concert, there was one entire family [Mom, Dad, and FOUR children ranging from ages 12-17ish] like that. The Mom and Dad were actually standing there with their arms outstretched around the kids and yelling if anyone bumped into them. Note: they were in the CENTER of the very FRONT of the pit at a FALL OUT BOY concert. It was hands down one of the stupidest things I have experienced in my relatively short life and hands down the stupidest thing I have witnessed at a concert...ever - and I have seen some stupid things done at concerts.

Either way, it will most likely be the last time I see Fall Out Boy [Thank you Kristy!]. Three times is enough. Next concert: INCUBUS in August! I can hardly wait.

1 comment: