Monday, October 20, 2008

erasification

That's right, I just made up a word. Fun fact about myself: when I was younger, I used to think that everything that was written and erased on a chalkboard was stored somewhere; where? I don't know, though the old-school Nickelodeon cartoon "Chalk Zone" definitely gave us one possibility...

This Week I Recommend:

>Growing Up: Sunday was my roommate Megan's 20th Birthday. The weekend was spent in fervent celebration of this occasion, including dinner at Chili's on Saturday [23 people in our party; our waitress was awesome] and Halloween Horror Nights yesterday [see below]. While out and about on Saturday, I saw these awesome birthday candles that reminded me of the occasion.

Happy Birthday Megan! <3

>Thinking Before You Speak: I am SO glad I did, because some things are just not meant to be said...

This week I Don't Recommend:

>Being Scared: I do not like being scared. Never have, never will. I don't even watch scary movies or anything that seems like it could be nightmare-inducing. [Remember the bats-in-the-cave scene from the new Batman Begins when Bruce Wayne was a child? Freaked me out. There was also a scene in the beginning of Jumper when the guy falls through the ice of a frozen lake and is dragged under by the current; I couldn't watch that scene.] I'm a wimp; sue me. So why did I go to Halloween Horror Nights yesterday? Because it was for Megan's birthday and because now I can say I've gone. Did I have fun for the few hours I could stand being there? Yes, except for when I was in the houses and there were arm-width passages and people behind EVERY corner and people sticking disembodied feet in my face. Will I ever go again? To be determined...

No comments:

Post a Comment